A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
Junior Corporate Sales Trader – Germany
Position based in Brussels, Belgium
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future.
We provide our clients with direct access to markets for buying & selling renewable energy certificates and the financialization of these assets provide a strong incentive for organizations towards carbon neutrality.
We are looking for a high energy and passionate individual with a few years of quality sales experience. We offer world-class trainings and the opportunity to become a corporate sales trader - a key member of a team of specialists and professionals in one of fastest growing commodity markets in the world.
Please apply ONLY if you satisfy the below requirements and with an ENGLISH language CV.
- Native German with fluent English
- 2+ years of client-facing sales and account management experience.
- Relevant degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Ambitious spirit, proactive personality and a commercial mind-set - prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, good with numbers and Excel
- Driving license is a must
- Join our Carbon Trading Desk as a Corporate Trader for Germany
- Develop a deep understanding of your market, including buyers, sellers and competitors
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new customers and counterparts active on the certificates market, prioritise your leads and turn them into clients and transactions
- Conduct day-to-day sales initiatives and provide clients with essential market intelligence-analysis to support pricing, trading and risk mitigation strategies
- Conduct on-site meetings and discussions with potential customers about their needs
- Take initial contacts through to financial close, which might take from 1 day to 6 months
- Represent Vertis and build our brand on the market through conferences and PR initiatives
What we offer:
- Long-term career prospect with a pioneer of carbon trading in the world's fastest growing commodity market
- Become an expert of the CO2 market through in-depth trainings in emissions trading, the energy sector and sales
- Opportunity to build your own business and client portfolio
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment with travel opportunities
- Competitive base salary and the opportunity for exceptional commissions
- You can sleep well at night knowing you are helping organizations towards a greener future
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.