A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
Corporate Sales Trader - Renewable Energy Certificates
The position is based in Brussels
JOIN THE FASTEST GROWING FINANCIAL MARKET
AND HELP CORPORATIONS TRANSITION TO A LOW CARBON ECONOMY!
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and continue promoting and facilitating a move towards a greener future. We provide our clients access to markets for various types of energy attribute certificates that enable consumers to make renewable energy usage claims according to guidance set by environmental non-profit organizations.
If you are a true sales person working or looking to enter the European energy market and have experience and interest in renewable energy certificates, don’t hesitate to apply! This is your chance of becoming a key member of a team of specialists and professionals in one of fastest growing commodity markets in the world.
Only CV's in English will be accepted.
- + 3 years’ experience in complex sales, business development and account management
- Experience in the following is highly desirable: sales trading or brokerage, Guarantees of Origin, energy attribute certificates, physical power market knowledge, renewable energy advisory or sustainability
- A strong willingness to engage successfully in sales is essential to the position
- Ambitious spirit, proactive personality and a commercial mind-set - prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent spoken and written French and English + additional languages are seen as a strong advantage
- Relevant degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration or Environmental studies
- Develop trading of renewable energy certificates on several markets across Europe
- Develop expertise in the renewable energy certificate market, including buyers, sellers and competitors
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of counterparts active on the certificates market
- Provide market intelligence/analysis to support pricings and trading strategies and remain up to date with regulatory changes
- Conduct day-to-day sales initiatives and set up plans for Vertis to become a key player in the market
- Conduct on-site meetings and discussions with potential customers about their needs
- Develop sales and marketing plans together with our Head of Product and marketing team
- Represent Vertis and build our brand on the market through conferences and PR initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER
- Build your network and client base in the Renewable Energy Certificate market across Europe
- Become an expert in the markets with in-depth trainings in certificate trading, the renewable energy sector and sales
- Long-term career prospect with a pioneer of environmental commodity trading
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment with travel opportunities
- Competitive base salary and exceptional commissions
- You can sleep well at night knowing you are helping organizations towards a greener future
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.