A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
Corporate Sales Trader - Mexico
Position based in Madrid
JOIN THE FASTEST GROWING FINANCIAL MARKET
AND HELP CORPORATIONS TRANSITION TO A LOW CARBON ECONOMY!
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future.
In the context of the Paris Agreement, countries have defined national targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions to keep global warming well below 2° degrees. Against this background, Mexico has set a national target to reduce 22% of greenhouse gases until 2030. To facilitate this reduction, it has also now established and implemented a national Emission Trading Scheme (ETS).
We at Vertis are experts in providing our EU clients with direct access to markets for buying & selling offsets, and we are looking for a high energy and passionate individual who would like to build our ETS services in Mexico.
If you are excited about business development in a dynamic and niche industry and you are passionate about sustainability, we offer the opportunity to become a Corporate Sales Trader for our newest market: Mexico.
Please apply ONLY if you satisfy the below requirements and with an ENGLISH language CV.
- 2+ years of sales or account management experience, and strong desire to do business development
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Ambitious spirit, proactive personality and a commercial mind-set - prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Mexican nationality is essential
- Native in Spanish, fluency in English (written and spoken) is necessary
- Relevant degree in Economic, Finance or Business Administration
- Develop the Mexican ETS market for Vertis
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, including regulations, buyers, sellers and competitors
- Act as the expert within Vertis for the market and produce regular market analysis on the market’s growth and development
- Create and develop relationships with key market stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new customers and counterparts active on the certificates market, prioritise your leads and turn them into clients and transactions
- Conduct day-to-day sales initiatives and provide clients with essential market intelligence-analysis to support pricing, trading and risk mitigation strategies
- Take initial contacts through to financial close
- Represent Vertis and build our brand on the market through webinars, conferences and PR initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Represent Vertis in Mexico as an expert on the CO2 market, receive in-depth trainings in emissions trading, the energy sector and business development
- Opportunity to build and expand your own business and client portfolio in a thriving market and company
- Long-term career prospect with a pioneer of carbon trading
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment with travel opportunities
- Competitive base salary and exceptional commissions
- You can sleep well at night knowing you are helping organizations towards a greener future
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.