A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
Sales Associate – Climate Action
Position based in Madrid
JOIN THE FASTEST GROWING FINANCIAL MARKET
AND HELP CORPORATIONS TRANSITION TO A LOW CARBON ECONOMY!
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future.
We see a growing demand, coming from corporates and from individuals, all looking to understand what their zero carbon pathway looks like, and build the new capabilities required as part of this transformation. Vertis’s Climate Action team is continuously innovating to provide the best sustainability advisory and carbon offsetting services to corporate players globally, to help them transition to a zero carbon world.
We provide our clients with direct access to markets for buying & selling voluntary offsets and renewable energy certificates, and we are looking for a high energy and passionate individual who would like to gain experience in Climate Action division.
If you love sales and you are passionate about sustainability and climate action, we offer the opportunity to become a junior Climate Action sales trader at one of the fastest growing carbon trading companies in Europe.
Please apply ONLY if you satisfy the below requirements and with an ENGLISH language CV.
- 1-3 years of sales trading or account management experience and strong desire and drive to do sales
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Passion for sustainability and climate action
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a team player
- Ambitious spirit, curious, proactive personality and a commercial mind-set - prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, good with numbers and Excel
- Relevant degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline
- Fluent in English. Other languages a plus.
- Availability in Madrid, where the role is based.
- Join our Climate Action division as a Junior Climate Action Trader
- Develop a deep understanding of the voluntary market and specifically your market and sector, including products, buyers, sellers and competitors
- Perform research and keep up to date on emerging trends and new products and opportunities around the carbon markets and related sustainability-related topics
- Support the senior Climate Action traders in their sales work.
- Prepare carbon offsetting proposals, review and prepare carbon offsetting project descriptions for projects being onboarded to our portfolio, and review and conduct research on emission reduction projects worldwide
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new customers and counterparts active on the certificates market, prioritise your leads and turn them into clients and transactions
- Conduct day-to-day sales initiatives and provide clients with essential market intelligence-analysis to support pricing, trading and risk mitigation strategies
- Conduct on-site meetings and discussions with potential customers about their needs
- Take initial contacts through to financial close, which might take from 1 day to 6 months
- Represent Vertis and build our brand on the market through conferences and PR initiatives
- Support the team in the development of presentations, marketing materials, and other administrative or sales-related tasks
WHAT WE OFFER
- Become an expert of the voluntary market
- Join a growing, supportive team
- Opportunity to build your own business and client portfolio in a young and dynamic market
- Long-term career prospect with a pioneer of carbon trading company
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment with travel opportunities
- Competitive base salary and exceptional commissions
- Help the world get to zero carbon
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.