A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
Chief Financial Officer
Position based in Budapest, Madrid or Brussels.
JOIN THE FASTEST GROWING FINANCIAL MARKET
AND HELP CORPORATIONS TRANSITION TO A LOW CARBON ECONOMY!
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future. We provide our clients with direct access to markets for buying & selling renewable energy certificates and the financialization of these assets provide a strong incentive for organizations towards carbon neutrality.
As Chief Financial Officer, you will become a member of a team of passionate professionals and help guide us in our growth and transition as a significant player on the European and Global market for our niche industry. This role will suit a dynamic and dedicated international finance professional with entrepreneurial flair and excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in finance field, with focus on financial controlling, financial advisory, audit; ideally more than 3 years in Head of Finance / CFO capacity
- Proven track record gained in multinational company environment and international experience
- Fluent spoken and written English; any additional European languages are an advantage
- Ambitious spirit, proactive personality, and a commercial mind-set
- Relevant degree in Finance Management, Accounting or Business Administration
- Ability to deal with local authorities and international institutions (e.g. Hungarian National Bank, EU institutions)
- Strategic thinking for defining the future needs of the organization, developing strategy, solutions / tools and setting clear priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Act based on values, walk the talk, have courage to speak up
- Establish and direct the financial systems of the company
- Create and coordinate the strategic long term and interim budgeting and forecasting processes both for the headquarters and subsidiaries
- Provide leadership and management of the finance and accounting teams, optimize team structure and workflow
- Assist the CEO and the management team in designing financial strategies, identifying relevant opportunities, and providing strategic recommendations
- Establish internal control policy and procedures, ensuring compliance verification through periodic internal and/or external reviews
- Assist management in financial planning and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, interpretation and use of month-end and year-end financial statements, and other ad hoc analysis and reports
- Create and organize finance and accounting departments in accordance with statutory and IFRS
- Plan, implement and oversee the delivery of the investment strategy (acquisitions & disposals of investments)
- Manage fundraising plans and capital structure and maintain relationship with banks, develop credit lines, tap other sources of working capital
- Ensure the organization builds a culture to generate bottom-up budgeting capability which is aligned across factions and meets top down expectations
- Review and optimize headcount costs, commissions, and bonus incentive system
- Ensure that management is aware of changes in the legal, tax and financial environments that have potential impacts on the business
- Exhibit ethical and sound business judgment in subjective areas including balance sheet reserves
WHAT WE OFFER
- To design, build and run a finance department fit for long-term dynamic growth
- Long-term career prospect in a high growth market with a pioneer in environmental commodity trading and sustainability consulting
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment with travel opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive base salary and commissions
- You can sleep well at night knowing you are helping organizations towards a greener future
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.