A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
Senior Corporate Sales Trader – United Kingdom
Position based in Brussels
JOIN THE FASTEST GROWING FINANCIAL MARKET
AND HELP CORPORATIONS TRANSITION TO A LOW CARBON ECONOMY!
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future.
We provide our clients with direct access to markets for buying & selling renewable energy certificates and the financialization of these assets provide a strong incentive for organizations towards carbon neutrality.
We are looking for a high energy and passionate individual with a few years of quality sales experience on the EU ETS markets. We offer the opportunity to become a leading expert on the carbon markets at one of the fastest growing companies the industry. Please apply ONLY if you satisfy the below requirements and with an ENGLISH language CV.
- 3+ years of sales trading or account management experience with EU ETS or related markets, and strong desire to do sales trading
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ambitious spirit, proactive personality and a commercial mind-set - prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, good with numbers and Excel
- Driving license is a must - regular travel to customers is required
- Relevant degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration
- Native English
- Join our Carbon Trading Desk as a Corporate Trader for the UK
- Develop a deep understanding of your market, including regulations, buyers, sellers and competitors
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new customers and counterparts active on the certificates market, prioritise your leads and turn them into clients and transactions
- Conduct day-to-day sales initiatives and provide clients with essential market intelligence-analysis to support pricing, trading and risk mitigation strategies
- Conduct on-site meetings and discussions with potential customers about their needs
- Take initial contacts through to financial close
- Represent Vertis and build our brand on the market through conferences and PR initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER
- Represent the UK as an expert on the CO2 market, receive in-depth trainings in emissions trading, the energy sector and sales
- Opportunity to build and expand your own business and client portfolio in a thriving market and company
- Long-term career prospect with a pioneer of carbon trading
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment with travel opportunities
- Competitive base salary and exceptional commissions
- You can sleep well at night knowing you are helping organizations towards a greener future
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.