A top environmental commodities trading firm is looking for a
JUNIOR CORPORATE SALES TRADER – GERMANY
Position based in Brussels, Belgium ( Vertis will help to arrange the relocation process )
JOIN THE FASTEST GROWING FINANCIAL MARKET
AND HELP CORPORATIONS TRANSITION TO A LOW CARBON ECONOMY!
Our mission at Vertis is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a low carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future.
We provide our clients with direct access to markets for buying & selling renewable energy certificates and the financialization of these assets provide a strong incentive for organizations towards carbon neutrality. As a junior corporate trader, you will become a member of a team of specialists and professionals in one of fastest growing commodity markets in the world.
- Build your expertise in carbon certificate trading and other renewable energy certificate product lines
- Develop an understanding of your market, including buyers, sellers and competitors
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new customers and counterparts active on the certificates market, prioritise your leads and turn them into clients and transactions
- Conduct day-to-day sales initiatives and provide clients with essential market intelligence-analysis to support pricing, trading and risk mitigation strategies
- Conduct on-site meetings and discussions with potential customers about their needs
- Take initial contacts through to financial close, which might take from 1 day to 6 months
- Native German with fluent English
- 0-2 years of sales and account management
- Passion for environmental sustainability
- Interest in markets and in macro and micro economic environments
- Proactive confident and a good communicator when dealing with colleagues, clients, and partners
- Ability to remain calm and composed in a high-pressure environment while multi-tasking
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good with numbers and Excel
- Call centre or phone sales experience is an advantage
- Relevant degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration
WHAT WE OFFER
- Join our Carbon Trading Desk as a Junior Corporate Trader for your country
- Build your expertise of the CO2 market through in-depth trainings in emissions trading, the energy sector and sales
- Opportunity to build your own business and client portfolio in a specialized and exciting market
- Long-term career prospect with a pioneer of carbon trading
- Stimulating, high-calibre, international work environment with travel opportunities
- Competitive base salary and motivating commissions
- You can sleep well at night knowing you are helping organizations towards a greener future
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.