Our Strive growing team is looking for a new Carbon Credit Sourcing Manager!
Strive belongs to the Vertis Environmental Finance group. At Strive, our mission at is to inspire and empower businesses to make the transition to a zero-carbon economy. We have been a pioneer in the carbon markets since 2001 and our drive is relentless to move the world towards a greener future.
We are looking for a passionate individual with more than 3 years of quality experience in carbon credit projects, sourcing directly from international project developers in the voluntary carbon market under CDM, VCS, or Gold Standard.
We offer an opportunity to become a key member of the team of specialists and professionals in one of the fastest-growing industries.
The role is based in Madrid.
Please apply ONLY if you satisfy the below requirements and with an ENGLISH language CV.
More about the Role and Core Responsibilities
- Lead sourcing carbon credit trading under credit standards of CDM, VCS and Gold Standard
- Support the sales trading team by developing a projects portfolio with sourcing carbon credits for all Strives corporate clients
- Manage Strive own carbon credit portfolio
- Responsible for building a strong project developers’ network
- Negotiate prices for carbon trading sales
- Developing the sourcing strategy
- Proactively lead KYC, due diligence assessments, legal documentation, and onboarding of project developers to Strive
We believe you will be great for this role if you have…
- 3+ years of professional experience providing sourcing of carbon credit trading under the credit standards of CDM, VCS, Gold Standard, and other ICROA eligible standards
- Have a strong network of carbon project developers and the ability to build on international relationships
- Comfortable communicating with counterparties globally
- Good overview of the voluntary carbon markets pricing and trends
- Be ready to represent the company and make a presentations
- Ability to solve problems independently, prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Relevant academic background in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or Sustainability
- Excellent English, another European language is a plus
Our benefits and perks
- To become a key member of Strive’ fast growing voluntary climate action team and cement your place as an expert in the voluntary offsetting market
- A high-responsibility role with autonomy
- Long-term career prospect with a high growth company
- Stimulating, high-calibre, and international work environment
- Flexible working from home arrangements with travel opportunities to your clients
- Competitive base salary and exceptional commissions
- Opportunity to help the world reach zero carbon
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements, and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.