Strive – a brand by Vertis Environmental Finance - is looking for a
Deputy Head of Strive
Position based in Madrid
Looking for a job with real purpose and challenge? Your search ends here.
Vertis has been inspiring change in the carbon markets since 2001. We’ve helped over 2000 industrial firms, utilities, banks and airlines gain a better understanding of the markets and finance emission reduction investments - then energised them to make changes that make a difference.
We have launched a new division called Strive – our Climate Action arm, that inspires and empowers business on their transition to a net zero economy. It helps organizations on their road to net-zero, offering decarbonisation advisory and environmental commodity trading (including carbon offsetting as well as renewable energy and green certificates solutions) for corporates, aviation and shipping.
We are hiring a Deputy Director of Strive. In that role, you’ll be working closely together with the Head of Strive to lead the division. You’ll join a highly experienced, motivated and growing team and help lead them to greater impact.
Your contribution will be key to devising the businesses and brand strategy and you will be directly responsible to grow, manage and lead the team to success through purpose, operational efficiency and client focus.
Please apply ONLY if you satisfy the below requirements and with an ENGLISH language CV.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow our high-performance team, serving as manager of operations
- Lead the team in developing commercial strategies and selling products which clients need in order to shift to low-carbon operations
- Make sure that operations are streamlined, data-driven, and well-structured to support team growth
- Ensure that we have in place strong processes for understanding the market, our clients and our performance
- Use your technical expertise to advise clients, support your team and help Vertis deliver thought leadership.
- Ensure Strive works effectively with other divisions and stakeholders within Vertis
- Be a champion of Vertis. Build and embody our brand in the market, online, in-person and through conferences and PR initiatives.
What we look for:
- 7+ years of experience in carbon markets, climate action and/or sustainability experience in international consultancy, trading firm or private sector.
- A track record of success in managing complex operations and teams
- Strong business acumen to understand environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies, business risks and opportunities.
- Evident track record in successful business development in previous roles, including success winning strategic projects.
- Strong understanding of European sustainability market dynamics, including global voluntary & compliance carbon markets and related policies.
- Quality experience in some or in all the following: emission reduction project development, carbon trading, lifecycle assessments, offsetting, footprint calculations, and energy efficiency.
- Skilled in relationship building and management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree in relevant field a plus - Climate Policy, Climate Finance, Sustainability or related fields.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to lead Vertis’s sustainability division from a operational and managerial perspective while contributing to overall strategy
- You’ll work on projects from around the world and have direct access to more than 2,000 industrial clients of Vertis that must act on climate now, creating a measurable and positive impact on sustainability.
- The chance to inspire change and open minds through “thought leadership” on technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- A long-term career prospect at Vertis - an exciting and pioneering leader in the Environmental Commodity Trading Industry.
- Flexible hybrid working from home/office arrangements
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions.
One job. One mission. Hundreds of radical ideas.
Are you ready to embark on a new journey? If the answer is yes – visit https://vertis.com/en/page/join-us.
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year. For more information on Vertis Environmental Finance, please visit vertis.com/jobs.